If you haven’t heard of an oxygen based colon cleanse
before, the idea can leave you scratching your head. Simply put, an
oxygen based colon cleanse is a powder or capsule that you ingest which has the
power to slowly release oxygen through your gut and effectively clean your
A good cleanser involves the use of magnesium oxide. Your stomach’s acid reacts with the oxygenated magnesium, which goes to work softening your stool, and the existing probiotics found in your gut are made more effective by the boost of oxygen.
The whole intestinal tract is cleared out, and your immune system is strengthened. Oftentimes, a brand of cleanser will tell you to ingest the product before bed. This way the cleanse can made its way through your body overnight.
These types of cleanses are nothing new, but it’s only recently that they’ve found a bigger following in the scientific and medical community, and as more people get on board, the results are better documented.
Not all cleanses are created equal; avoid those that include ascorbic acid, as this may neutralize the benefits of the oxygen. Part of the appeal of this type of cleanse is that it’s a natural way of increasing health and avoiding toxic chemicals. It is non habit forming, and there are virtually no side effects from this type of regiment, although it’s not recommended that you apply this treatment daily.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should incorporate an oxygen based colon cleanse into your health routine;
1. The bulk of our food has been processed in some way, and the associated toxins can stay in our bodies for a long period of time, eventually having an adverse affect on our health. By doing this type of colon cleanse, you increase beneficial flora in your gut and support your intestinal tract in a manner that is gentle and effective.
2. If you’re looking to lose weight, this is an ideal start for you! Not only will your colon be flushed of potential residue that’s been sitting there a long time, but you’ll be giving your gut the chance to receive a better diet of high fiber food options.
3. If you suffer from gas, bloating or constipation, stop taking prescriptions and start your road back to health with oxygen based cleanse. It will help to put your bowel movements back on track which helps to relieve gas and bloat.
4. Energy that is wasted with trying to reverse the affects of toxic intestinal tract can be diverted to other areas of your body. If your body isn’t working properly, it hasn’t had the ability to absorb healthy nutrients even if you’ve tried to supply it with a healthy diet. Once you reset, your energy can be diverted to other important elements!
5. Along with drinking plenty of water, oxygen is very important in the body’s natural ability to detoxify. An oxygen cleanse can give your natural immune system a boost and help keep you on track.
This article was written by Jon Reyes from Clearwells.
He has over 10 years’ experience in writing health related topics and specializes in the health benefits of saunas and hydrotherapy.